CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Forgive me, for I have not blogged!

Hello, my name is Paige and I am NOT a blogaholic.

I know what your thinking, 'It's OK, Paige. Every now and then never hurt anybody. You can stop whenever you want.' Well in that case, bring it on.

Obviously it has been a wee bit of time since I blogged last, but for good reason. A lot has happened. Quickly as it is getting late and I cannot put this off any more, here is an update:

1) Scott got his residency at the University of Utah and starts work on Tuesday, June 17, 2008;
2) We looked for and bought a house in Kaysville (Thank you Uncle Jill - and no, that is not a typo, Max calls her Uncle Jill);
3) We moved into that house which is no simple feat with two small children;
4) Miss Kate is walking and will turn 1 this Sunday, June 15th;
5) We are putting in a backyard and I am having Scott do all the house projects I can before I lose him to 80 hour work weeks up at the hospital;
6) Went on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas without the kidlets (Thank you Moms and Dads and to Grandma and Poppie for watching the kids); and,
7) I continue to wage the day to battle that is raising two cute (but crazy) kids!

Our Mr. Max LOVES to cook, work with his tools around the house (or at least pretends to) and work in A yard (it doesn't matter if it our yard or his Grandma's yard) he just loves it. Max got to run errands one day with Poppie (Grandpa Garth) in Garth's truck that Max absolutely loves and has named "Poppie Truck". To say that Max absolutely loved it is very much an understatement. In fact he loved hanging out with Poppie and riding in "Poppie Truck" so much that Grandpa Garth took him the next day to Hyrum to help him with all the puppies and to McDonald's for lunch. Again, in the world of Max it was ranked as the greatest day ever! Max loves nursery and whenever he sees Scott dressed up for work he always asks him, "Going to nursery, Daddy?" Max talks so very well and is such a great helper I have to sometimes remind myself that he is only 2 1/2 years old (but if you ask Max, he says that he is 2 old years instead of 2 years old).

Ms. Kate is quite the character. She is into everything, but always seems to get out too. She loves to climb onto anything she can, but she always figures out how to get back down on her own. She is my little problem solver. This is good when you want her to be independent; however, this backfires when she is trying to figure out how to get into things you really wish she wouldn't. She and Max are the best of friends and she loves to just hang out with him and laughs at anything that he does, which of course makes Mr. Max do it over and over again until Kate is laughing so hard that she pees her Huggies! Kate is very mischevious and loves to wrestle with her Daddy and brother. She keeps up with her brother and cousins, but her heart lies with her Grandpas. Kate is now walking and ready to conquer the world, and I wouldn't put it past her, she will.

Please allow me to be indulgent when I say that my kids rock! I absolutely love their guts! (I apologize for that small moment of gloating, but they are asleep and therefore extra loveable!)

I promise that I will get back on the wagon and even post pictures.

10 comments:

Adams family said...

Hey Paige glad to see you are back. I hope all was well on the cruise. You will have to give more details on the blog. Take care glad you are all well and settled in.

Mitchell Family said...

good crap lady, it's about time!!!! Love you!

Marcie said...

Welcome back guys! Im sure your glad to be here and have life settle down alittle. Looking foward to hearing and seeing more of you and your cute kids!

Annie said...

Good luck w/the unpacking. We moved in April and are still working on it. If you need a FANTASTIC lawn guy let me know. I know a guy that is amazing, and most important he's very inexpensive.

Heidi said...

Cute kids. I'm glad you're here to stay...for a little while at least. We'll have to get together.

Kade & Jess said...

Thank goodness! I'm glad you have returned to the blogging world! I promise I will come visit soon!

Rick Albee said...

Paige.....I love that you are blogging again. You Holbrooks keep me smileing and laughing when I read your blogs at work. I look forward to your pictures and future comments. We (the ALBEE"S )really miss you all. John T. says Hi.............Love Rick & Vicki

FarrEver Family said...

You are forgiven, but It has almost been another 15 days since you last blogged.
How is the life of a resident treating you?
I am jealous of the house...any pics? Let me know if Scott thinks it is to far to travel, we are deciding what to do next year.

Krissy said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well - It seems like life is crazy for everyone these days! Hopefully we can get together again soon! Can't wait for pictures of the kids, your new house and your awesome vacation! Love ya!

Beth said...

We missed you this weekend but it's so good to have you back online! We need to see you soon :D