CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One little monkey jumping off the barstool!


Well, after two years of being a crazy little dude, our Max has finally had his first trip to the emergency room. Today Max was being crazy as usual and was triumphantly letting his mother and sister know that he had finished his lunch and launched himself off the barstool and in the process of doing so, knocked his noggin on the corner of the table. Needless to say head trauma was involved and, believe it or not, I actually kept myself together. I ran over to Max and picked him up off the floor. He was crying his 'that scared the you know what out of me' cry. As I picked him up I saw the blood and I did not want to scare him even more, so I asked him "Did that fall scare you?" He said "I fall. That was scary." To which I said "Do you want to go bye-bye?" And of course he immediately said "Yea!" I then asked him "Do you want to see if Poppie (my father-in-law, Garth) wants to go bye-bye with us?" And of course Max was all over that. So I called Garth and he immediately came down and off we all were to the emergency room.

Max was his happy, go lucky self and charmed all the nurses. He didn't even really know that he had a huge laceration on his head. Max was so brave when the doctor came and stitched him up. He did his best not to cry and held as still as our Max could. He did not like it when the nurse had to wake him up to strap him to the 'papoose board' or that he could not see Mom or Dad when they were stitching him up, so he kept saying "Mommy" and "Daddy." He politely thanked the doctor after the doctor finished stitching him up and told me after the doctor left "He is a good doctor." He is such a cute kid. I couldn't be more pleased with the little dude. Here he was with head trauma and he was being his sweet, hilarious self. All the nurses fell in love with him and gave him a lion stuffed animal which we named "Stitches."

So after all was said and done, Max left the emergency room four hours later with seven stitches and a new lion. We told him that we could get a treat for being so brave and he was very adamant that his Poppie get a treat too! Maybe the song "10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" will have a special place in Max's heart from now on.
(Scott has asked me to let you all know that should you want to see a photo of the gash, we have them, but I did not think that everyone would want to see the pictures so I just put the 'post incident' photo on here. So if you would like to see the photos, let me know and we'll send them to you).

8 comments:

Celeste said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you are blogging now! It's crazy because "The Cutting Edge" is on tv and it makes me think of you and low and behold I had an email from you about your blog! I'm sorry poor Max had to get stiches, but sounds like he was more than a trooper through it all. Mom too! ;)

Mitchell Family said...

Paige- You know how much I am in love with this kid. Give him a big kiss and hug from his FAVORITE PERSON EVER and tell him I'll be bringing him his "your so brave" treat over later.

Anonymous said...

Paige, it's caroline here, and the thought of my little maxer getting hurt almost made my eyes burn!i'm so excited you are blogging! please keep sending me emails when you update i love reading and seeing the page! love you guys, caroline

Unknown said...

I can't stand it! Poor little fellow. Please give him lots of sweet stuff and loves for Grammy.

Unknown said...

I can't stand it! Poor little fellow. Please give him lots of sweet stuff and loves for Grammy.

Unknown said...

I can't stand it! Poor little fellow. Please give him lots of sweet stuff and loves for Grammy.

Brooke said...

Hey! I saw your blog on Joann's blog! I had so much fun takin your pix! You have such a cute family! Keep in touch!
brooke
www.moonfam.blogspot.com

Kade & Jess said...

Yo yo!! I can't believe how big Kate is. I miss you guys! We need to see you more! We are doing some major destructive projects in our house right now so you will have to come up when we finish! I love you guys!!